To see you campaigns, click the link “Campaign” in top navigation menu. Also, you can enable sidebar by clicking the button at top-left part of the screen.
Campaign purposes are:
- To track effectiveness of ad campaigns in advertising network
- To collect leads from websites
- To make rotation and target banners inside a banner block
There are several ways to connect campaign with traffic sources. For example, to send directly to campaign URL, to paste JS code or PHP code on your websites. More information is on the page Integration.
Creating a Campaign
The name of your campaign.
The alias is used to generate the campaign address. For example, address with the alias “cmpx” will look like this
The group to which the campaign will belong.
If you set a source you can generate reports on this source and you will get a link of the campaign with all the necessary parameters.
Rotation method of streams
Choose an algorithm of streams rotation. In other words, how streams are rotated.
* Without rotation, streams are rotated from the stream in position 1 to the last stream. The transition to the next stream is only possible if the filter conditions rejected the user.
- Split testing, based on the weight of the stream, allows to randomly distribute users. If the stream filters reject the user, a random stream will be re-selected.
Bind visitors to streams
If this option is enabled, users who have already visited the campaign will receive exactly the same result as during the previous visit, for example, they will be send to the same landing page.
If the status is disabled, there is no transition to the streams.
A way for setting the cost of clicks:
- CPC — cost of each click;
- CPuC — cost of only unique clicks.
If the “Auto” option is enabled, the cost of a click will be taken from the “cost” parameter. For example,
&cost=100¤cy=usd. If the “Auto” option is disabled, you have to set costs manually.
Number of hours when a user is considered as unique.
API token is used to gain access to the campaign by Click API.
Here you can configure the sending of notifications to third-party services and trackers. To transfer the postback to the traffic source, use the “Postback” option in the source settings.
- URL — set the address where to send a postback;
- Status — choose the conversion status to send a postback.
How to connect a campaign to an ad in advertising network
If the source of the campaign is set, press “Link”. Use this link in your ad.
How to connect a campaign in a different way
Read at the page Integration.
Which parameters can I pass for the reports?
- keyword (alias utm_term);
- charset — keyword encoding (by default utf-8);
- ad_campaign_id — ID of the advertising campaign;
- creative_id — ID of your creative at the advertising network;
- external_id — ID of a click at the advertising campaign. It is used for sending the postback back to the advertising network;
- source — website (alias utm_source);
- cost — cost of a click (if the option “Auto” is disabled at the campaign);
- currency — currency of a click cost (for parameter cost);
- referrer — referrer. If do not pass this parameter, the referrer will be taken from the browser;
- se_referrer — referrer of a search engine. Pass this parameter if you need to pull out the keyword from it;
- se — a search engine name. If se_referrer is passed, then it is not necessary to pass it;
- sub_id_1..10 — additional parameters for generating reports;
If you have created a traffic source from the template, then all the parameters will be automatically added in your link.
In cases, when you already can not change the link in the ad, you can set aliases at the page “Maintenance > Settings > Misc > Aliases”.
These parameters are reserved in Keitaro and should not be used: id, g, group, sid, subid, sub_id.
How to update campaign costs?
Choose “Additional > Update Costs”.
The costs sum is divided equally to the full amount of visitors. For example, if the cost is equal to 500 dollars, and 1000 visitors, the costs are equal to 0.5 dollar per visitor.
Why split testing separates traffic with more/less than I set in weight?
There are two reasons:
- It happens because of filters in the streams. A randomly chosen stream might not take the user because of the filters set to it. That is why the user goes to another stream.
- The random number generator is used at the moment when a stream is selected. It gives some error (+- 10%) when the number of visitors is small (up to 1000)
How can the campaign statistics be cleared up?
Choose “Clear data” in “Additional” menu on the Streams page.
How to test filters?
Choose “Traffic simulation” in the “Other” menu.
How to hide the source of the traffic from my affiliate network?
Read on page How to Hide Referrer.
How is the uniqueness of the user checked?
First, the presence of a label in cookies is checked. If there are no cookies, then the presence of a device record (the pair IP + UserAgent) is checked by the database. The uniqueness is checked separately for campaign, stream and for all streams at once.